On Tuesday, September 18, 2018, we will co-host our annual Building Reconciliation Internal Forum, mâmowi âsohtêtân “Let's Cross This Together”.
Now in its second year, this daylong event is a response to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action of Canada and provides another opportunity to gather to constructively and respectfully dialogue and plan for the university environment we need and want.
After the last forum, we listened carefully to those of you who attended, and are in the process of putting together an interactive and dialogue-focused event that will feature the themes of:
- Indigenous student experience,
- pathways of authentic allies,
- Indigenous perspectives on research, and
- Meeting reconciliation through anti-racist, anti-oppression education
Registration information and a detailed agenda for the day will follow this summer. For now, please hold the date in your calendar for this very important forum, and forward this message as you see fit.
Faculty, staff and student leaders gathered for a full-day event on March 7 that focused on how the U of S can respond to the 94 calls to action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada. By showcasing some of the current work taking place at the university, attendees learned high-impact practices in how to incorporate the principles of reconciliation in teaching and learning, research, enhancing the student experience and university governance and administration.
- Opening Remarks and Session 1: Reconciliation through Teaching and Learning
- Session 2: Structuring the University for the Path to Reconciliation
- Session 3: Anti-racist Research as Praxis
- Session 4: Enhancing the Indigenous Student Experience and Concluding Remarks
Note: the videos above will require Adobe Flash to view.