You are invited to provide your feedback and input into a new leadership position that is being created at the U of S. As an Aboriginal student, your experiences, insights and opinions are vitally important to us as we prepare to create this position.Take the survey
Snacks will be provided. Those who attend will have a chance to enter a draw to win a $50 gift certificate for the U of S Bookstore.
Consultations will be held on the following days and times:
- Wednesday, September 18 from 1:30-3 pm in the Aboriginal Students’ Centre
- Friday, September 20 from 10-11:30 am in the Aboriginal Students’ Centre
This new leadership position will:
- Oversee the operations of the Aboriginal Students' Centre and the services and partnerships within
- Provide leadership in the area of Aboriginal student success—ensuring that all student service units are taking into consideration the needs of U of S Aboriginal students
- Play a key role in facilitating communications between and coordinating the activities of the Aboriginal Students’ Centre with other U of S Aboriginal student programs and support services
Some Questions to think about beforehand are:
- What do you wish you knew, or somebody had told you, before you started your university studies?
- What are the main things that you need (that the university could help you with) to be successful now that you are at university?
- What areas of student support do you think that the university needs to improve?
- What qualities, characteristics or experience do you think a new manager at the ASC should have?
Please contact Ellmere Duquette at 306-966-5790 if you would like to participate in one of these consultations (so that we can order sufficient snacks and be sure we have enough space).
For those Aboriginal students who are not able to attend these consultation meetings, we will be seeking your input and suggestions through a brief electronic survey – watch for the link posted on the ASC Facebook page by September 20.